Thursday, July 1, 2010

My First Daybook

This is an idea I've seen on some other blogs I like to read and so I thought I'd give it a whirl.


Outside my window:
Rain and alot of it!



I am listening to:
Silence....I know it won't last long on a rainy, indoor day, so I'm savoring it



I am grateful for:
My husband, it was a rough evening for me with my teen sons and I know the summer is not going to get any easier. My husband is here to hold me up, even if he doesn't have the words to say, his hugs help me know I'm not alone.



I am pondering:
A plan to have a more peaceful summer in our household


"No one heals himself by wounding another" St. Ambrose



I am Reading:
"Small Steps for Catholic Moms"--highly recommend
"Saints & Other Powerful Men in the Church"--bought this for Mike, but I'm enjoying it!



I am Thinking:
Motherhood is not for wimps!!!



On my iPod:
I'm just so happy to have my iPod back after it got stolen. I'm not even into new technology, but man, I missed fooling around with that little gadget!



Toward Rythm & Beauty:
I haven't found a consistent summer rythm yet. Swim season ended and this is the first week of no where to run to every morning. I have a feeling our rythm is going to be an ongoing challenge and I need to learn to be flexible from week to week--not the way I usually roll, so pray for me!! Toward beauty, I'm getting my haircut this afternoon!! I know I'm not suppose to focus on physical beauty, but sometimes a good hair day can make all the difference!!



I am hoping & praying:
For my teen sons, especially one, who is very lost right now.....



In the garden:
The rain is doing a world of good!! I've lost alot of my annuals all ready from the scorching Texas heat. My flowers always look so brilliant after a good rain....bring it on!



Around the House:
I'm pleased with the downstairs. It's neat & tidy and an easy pick-up now that everything is in it's place. The upstairs is my next mountain to conquer!



From the Kitchen:
I sat down yesterday and planned my July dinner menu. Immediately a calmness set in. Wow, the chore of daily meal planning weighs me down so much. I love having the plan....I need to keep up with the monthly calendars again, they're so worth my sanity!!

A picture thought I'm sharing:

These four precious children (and best of friends) recently received their First Communion. We were finally able to coordinate family schedules to celebrate together with a pool party & cake.










2 comments:

JulieC said...

What cute kids!! Thank you for such a memorable day. They will cherish it forever. I'll be praying for you all!!

Linda said...

Praying for your son tonight.